Friday, September 17, 2010

Reading Suggestion!

I haven't read many comics before this class, but one thing that a friend of mine did make me read was The Books of Magic by Neil Gaiman.
This comic is about a young boy named Timothy Hunter (who strangely looks exactly like Harry Potter) who is approached by 3 mysterious men who tell him that he could be one of the most powerful wizards of all time. Crazy adventures through mythical lands, other dimensions and time pursue.

The story is great, the artwork is incredible, and it's a fun read.

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading that today for part of my comic report thing. It looks pretty awesome! Beautiful art. And yah, the owl next to him on the cover doesn't help him look less like Harry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, The Books of Magic predates Harry Potter. Local comic artist and former MCAD teacher Peter Gross, who drew 75+ issues of the regular Books of Magic series, was quite incensed about the matter, but Neil Gaiman, who created the character, was quite gracious about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew that Timothy Hunter came before Harry, but I had no idea that a former MCAD teacher worked on the art.That is pretty darn awesome. :D I'll have to tell my friend who made me read that comic.

    ReplyDelete