Monday, November 8, 2010

Week 10

Chris Archer

Vignettes:

Swamp thing:

I Saw it:
I talked a lot about I saw it in last weeks discussion board, but I thought this was one of my favorite comics yet. I went into it with a shitty attitude of "oh great another Hiroshima bombing story", and found myself rather stunned by it in the end. The artwork of the melted skin on the victims was what really got to me. I thought about what I was like at that age, and how scared I would have been were I in the writers shoes. It was really hell on earth. I've seen a lot of pictures of the Hiroshima bombing, but for some reason this book made me feel worse. I guess I was wishing it could just be a comic and not real, but knowing it really happened made it hit so much harder.

Raw:
Dead things..... uuh I guess I don't have a whole lot to say about this one. It was short and sweet to say the least. A few of the panels cracked me up, like the one pointing out that he chose to wear his regular old suit after all.

The Andy Griffith Show....Now this I found hilarious. I half expected the real andy griffith, having the nice artwork and all. Then it turns into this racist nightmare lynch mob gone wild.

Iron man:
I really enjoyed this book. The dark battle going on within tony stark is one that I think some of us might be quite familiar with. I found it interesting that instead of putting away the iron man suit he actually abandons his civilian ties, only to fail as well as a superhero. I foresaw that entire train crash/spill situation the second I flipped the page. I greatly enjoyed the artwork in this book as well. The scenes where hes sweating bullets really pull you into his fear. Also the writing is well done. Its dark tone gives his struggle with addiction a sense of a downward spiral.

No comments:

Post a Comment